Dec 12, 2017

Recent Reads: When Santa Was a Baby by Linda Bailey

Source: From Librarything Early Reviewers Program and Tundra Books for review. This in no way alters my opinion or review.

When Santa Was a BabyWhen Santa Was a Baby by Linda Bailey
Publisher: Tundra Books
Publication Date:  October 3, 2017



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27405327-pop-manga-coloring-book?from_search=true  https://www.amazon.com/Pop-Manga-Coloring-Book-Beautiful/dp/0399578471?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0399578471&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=x_gr_w_bb&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20

Format:  Hardback, Board Book

Rating:


 



Goodreads Synopsis: 
Santa's parents think their little one is absolutely wonderful, even though he has a booming voice instead of a baby's gurgle, loves to stand in front of the refrigerator, gives his birthday presents away, trains his hamsters to pull a matchbox sleigh ... and has an unusual interest in chimneys. The adorably funny portrait of an oddball kid who fulfills his destiny - and two very proud parents. 
Review: 
So... I LOVE holiday books... I think that they are all magical and get you in the spirit and this one is the most epic so far. This adorable children's book is about Santa as a baby. He likes red, he wants to re-gift things and he wants to share with the world and it is so cute. This beautiful and creative book brought a tear of joy to my eye (for real - my husband laughed at me). 

Not only was the story wonderful but the illustrations were perfect for it, the vibrant reds and greens and the cherub-esq baby, it was stunning. This has been my favorite holiday book so far this year, I loved everything about it. I normally re-gift these to kids I know but this one might stay in my collection...we will see... it is the season of giving after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment